A day's dream, I am wide awake. - Coorg


A day's dream, I am wide awake. - Coorg
Finally here we are it is 12:00 am it's fresh warm breeze blowing in my face as I sit by this window of the hotel room at 12 am, watching the slowing down of the town in Coorg. My friends have dozed off to sleep and I'm not getting sleep with out expressing this beautiful journey. I am feeling so thrilled to think of it all. It begins somewhere with me running late and my off-roading rickshaw ride ramming through the footpaths to get me to the Airport. It was the stay calm challenge for me, just keeping in mind that what ever will happen to me is the best. All three of us from different locations hit the airport on time.It was all excitement and giggles at the airport que, it was the good feeling to see the flying machines after 8 years. Flying in Airplanes were my childhood fascination and my dad ensured that I did so. The line was moving now and we where the 1st passengers to board the the Indigo Jet. We enjoyed as the old ladies who were fussing around to get in the jet before anyone else. The thrilling speed on the runway is what I loved always, the took off and it was silence now, moving me into a serene state.
 We reached Bangalore Airport around 12:00 am. Spending the night the airport Cafe coffee day, the airport vibe, our endless talks was all fun over the coffee. We were aware that we were disturbing the sleepy bags around, but that didn't matter, we were making good times. I have got this well by now, how valuable the "now" is and the people at that point around me. We went all till morning until we freshened up and left the airport. Outside we saw the luxury cars and the Taj resort standing tall before us. We got in the bus there, so far our inquiries and curiosities have always helped us. So we got to know that it will be better it we book the cab. There we got the Swift desire booked now. the car journey got Me and Neha to fall asleep but Trupti was up high alert mode to check with the route and destination, such a blessing she is to us, I really wish to get this attribute of being responsible and alert.

We reached the bus pickup point. Now we saw the sunrise and the weather was pleasant. After a tea at the local stall, we got into the bus, almost 4 hr journey to Khushalnagar. We got to our room had lunch and a nap. We then headed for the Golden Temple monastery. I have always been fascinated by the monks, their disciplined lifestyle, and the martial arts off course. Yes this has all been in me since childhood as I loved the Chinese movies. They portrayed themselves to be extraordinary with their power of mind over matter, the extreme physical endurance, that I felt that it would be the ultimate thing to have in life. At the beautiful Buddha temple, as we squatted in the temple we watched the monk praying before the magnificent Buddha statue it felt a deep sense of faith and beauty. It was a huge hall with short table sets, placed in rows for reading the yellow paged books and the big bongo drum in the centre. We went around the beautiful temple campus, watching the little monks busy at their soccer game. It was evening time and we could hear the drum beat, the soccer prayers were now heading back to their shrines,we came across a small room that was fully lit with oil lamps. We settled in a small temple a place naturally pulling me into meditation. these vibes in such holy places mesmerize me.  

 It was a truly grateful feeling for being there and accompanied by my childhood favorite cousin and a lovey friend. we make a truly comfortable company. We got into the nearby coffee shop sitting in the location where we could view across the busy street. After the authentic hot coffee and doughnut, we strolled across the stalls. shopping and stopping at the warm smiling faces. we halted at a chocolate shop, where the guy with the bright green eyes got us the buy the different types of chocolates.


After waking around the place for sometime, we took the cab back to the hotel room. Neha and Trupti relaxed in the seat enjoying, the feel about being away from the city bustle, the tall skyscrapers with the ever complicated and endless craving for a life. We where living a dream, the refreshing breeze through our face,bringing in the aroma of the spice farms and the coffee orchards. We were living that moment. this reminded us of our childhood days of my dad's care free jeep rides, where we laid on the back seat with our feet resting on the rear Tyre, these are some of our precious memories that we love reviving. We then reached the room, watching TV like we didn't since ages. we were having a great time heartily laughing and commenting and in all this we forgot that it was passed 10, we hurried down for dinner. The street was dark and , an we passed by the only eatery where the workers told that all food was over and they were closing so we walked ahead to realize that all the shops were closed, so we walked back and came across the same eatery where now the owner was clearing the place, we hesitantly asked if there was any food left, and yes they checked they did have
some , the lady was generous enough and she gave us some extra food as well, We were lucky!
we headed back to the room with, we enjoyed our meal and then the two off to sleep. Here I am an hour has passed and I am awake talking about this good day.


                                       


Comments

  1. I actually was dreaming of being there and enjoying this wonderful experience of yours.. Thanks, Shameen..💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. Relived this beautiful day, thanks shameen :* :*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog